Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dia de la Abby #42: Skull and Heart Necklace

This piece is inspired by love...heart and head (skull). This is represented by an elongated Nazca skull and an anatomical heart.






I have been hunting for inexpensive glass microscope slides for a while, but have yet to find a small amount of them that wasn't overpriced. I like that these from Inkssentials come in different sizes and have ready made frames in different metals to put them in. Before now, you would have to use copper tape, flux, solder and wire to wrap the edges of the glass. Though, I can do this, I don't want to. I like this faster method better. I used 2 different papers, bridal tulle, water colors and india ink for the pendant art. Since these frames are meant to use two pieces of glass, I made the pendant reversible with two images. I used crocheted the necklace with wire and beads. To learn more about how I made this piece, read the tutorial.


Every week in the 4.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook.

No comments: