Monday, September 12, 2011

Fishing Skeleton

Mike Johnson, an artist from Utah, submitted this piece. He explains, "I've always been drawn to skulls even as a kid. I have made many sculptures, drawings, and miscellaneous art, here is one I thought you might enjoy. It is a shadow box it measures 14" X 17" the street lamp has an LED light it looks cool at night with the light on."



With the LED light on


Close up of human skeleton

The attention to detail is what makes this piece very interesting. I like that it's done in black, white and grey. It's adds to the late night fishing theme. The use of an LED light in the dock light is very smart and adds another eerie quality to the piece.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, Mike. PLEASE! I must have that pic. with the illuminated light fishing skeleton. PLEASE!
etocharlette@gmail.com