Friday, May 20, 2011

[Flashback Friday] #211 Etched Skull

Welcome to another addition of Flashback Friday.** This year the guest editors, Citizen Agent, Azurafae, and myself, Tatman, are taking turns counting down our personal favorite 17 skulls from the Original 365.25 Year. So please join us as we visit the archives and add our additional commentary on some of the original pieces.

2. 211. Etched Skull



Of course the etched Skull is one of my top favorites of the 1.0 year. After seeing this and other glass etchings it led me down the road to joining others in this craft. My preferred method of etching is to use a stencil because I fall well shy of the Skull Master's level skull creativity. I am still impressed to this day when I see how Noah "painted" the etching cream to produce this negative space skull. Light cast though creates the illuminated face that lights up a room with it's deadly glow. Thanks (again and again) for the inspiration, Noah!

p.s.- You can still get your own official Skull-A-Day etched pint glass, or other custom glasses at my store. Thanks to all of you who have already purchased your own!

**Flashback Friday was a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week during year 3.0 The Skullmaster posted the original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3.0, all 52 can be found here.

No comments: