Thursday, June 9, 2011

100 Painted Skulls: #6

To celebrate year 5 of Skull-A-Day I've decided to paint 100 skulls on 4 x 4in (10.16 x 10.16 cm) wooden panels over the course of the year...






I didn't have an idea for what I was doing with this one when I started, but it ended up being about bright colors, looser brush strokes, and avoiding black (the darkest color here is a reddish-purple). Teeth are definitely the hardest part of the skull for me to paint, so I'll definitely have to force myself to include them from time to time.

This guy has so much character he needs a background story. Care to make one up for him or her?

1 comment:

Abby Davis said...

I love that you included teeth in this one. I agree, teeth are my least favorite part to paint too. This is mostly due to each one having to be shaded and highlighted, which is more precise than the rest of the skull. Very well done.